Wednesday, August 20, 2014

This has been tucked away, but I finally got my act together to list it on eBay. "Old Station Cat" has quite a story to tell.
The subject is a very elderly and scruffy cat that investigated me while taking photos of his home. An old country railway station that is now converted into a home, but with a lot of old station features, like a ticket office and more.
I painted him in quite fine detail, in acrylics. It was my first foray into painting 'miniature' according to specifications from the Australian Society of Miniature Artists. The painting is 4"x 3" approximately - now much larger than the miniatures I usually do. It was ultimately selected to tour galleries in Europe (Germany), United Kingdom, and Australia. So it went on quite a journey, lasting well over a year. No sooner had it returned to me, than it moved with me to the U.S.A and has been shown in a few galleries - both east coast (Georgia) and west coast (Oregon). But it has mainly been tucked away. Because it is the only one of this kind, and didn't really 'go' with others I was exhibiting.
So, here it is, listed on eBay, as it's looking for a good home.
More details on the listing. Thank you for looking.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/291223236922?
~Jillian

No comments: