Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Sacred Kingfisher ACEO in Acrylics



The other day when driving,   two birds nearly flew into my car near the one lake in my area - fortunately they swerved in time.  I managed to see their colouring out the corner of my eye and they looked like sacred kingfishers.

I didn't realise they were in my area so on Sunday I went for a walk looking for birds.  I was really lucky -  I saw a bit of blue in a tree and zoomed in (thank goodness for 50x zoom cameras)  and it was the sacred kingfisher - I was so excited to see it and managed to take a few shots. 

Fortunately the one photo was good enough to use as a reference.

Sacred Kingfishers are a medium size kingfisher found throughout the coastal areas of mainland Australia and parts of Tasmania.  They are also found on islands from Australasia to Indonesia and New Zealand.  They measure 19 - 24 cm in length and weigh on average 45 grams.


Sacred Kingfisher measures 2.5 x 3.5 inches and is painted on 300gsm smooth Arches Watercolour paper.

Sold

No comments: